Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pedaling Purwell



Clara learned to ride a bike!  She's so proud of her new skill and loves cruising around the cul-de-sac.  Super fun to watch her delight and increased independence.   The secret to bike riding for Clara was having her use the Strider and scooter first to get her balance.  No training wheels.  Also, it helped that the bike is small enough she can put her feet down when she wants to (is forced to) stop.

I like this video because it generates a little anxiety, watching her pedal around.  I'm never quite sure if she's looking where she's going and if she's going to smash into that strategically-placed scooter.   Some of the dialogue:

To Violet, who's trying to get Clara's attention:  "I'm trying to con-cen-trate, Violet!"
"Hey, Whitman!  Look at me!"
Crashing into Miles and the scooter:  "Wha!  Whoa."

1 comment:

Paula said...

I felt the anxiety.
Bet you can hardly wait until she starts driving a car.
Go girl!